The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Winchester
Assistant Outlets Manager
This job has been closed.
And now for the good stuff
Hospitality is all about looking after people and we are committed to our people. We work hard to ensure you can enjoy your job and are well rewarded. As well as excellent training, development and progression opportunities, other benefits include:
- Competitive salary, benefits and we pay above the Real Living Wage.
- 30 days holiday (increasing with length of service)
- We operate a discretionary service charge system.
- 50% Discount on food and beverage across all Exclusive properties
- Really big discounts of room nights across all Exclusive properties
- PERKZ discount scheme & Online guides such as Exercise, Wellbeing, and Finance.
- Meals on duty provided for free
- Recognition and rewards scheme
- Access to our learning platform including great training and development programs.
- Free gym access + where available dedicated classes.
- B Corp accredited and commitment to improving our People, Product and Planet.
- Free downloads to newspapers, magazines and books
- Cycle to work scheme
In a Nutshell
To support the day to day operation of the outlets dependant of business level and need, assisting with or organising the team to ensure a flawless service for our guests in C&B, the Well House and across the Restaurant, and Bar.
- Supervise the team in delivering exceptional standards within Conference and Banqueting and when required other F&B outlets.
- Lead from the front by running the service while at the same time remaining hands on with other outlets if required.
- Work with Outlet Managers and other Managers to establish and maintain effective employee relations across departments.
- Support the Outlets Manager by taking on small projects, rolling them out in the agreed time frame, to push the business forward.
- Assist the Outlet Manager to ensure effective rotas, stock control and asset management.
- Be aware of and where appropriate or required involved in cost of sales to ensure maximum departmental profit is achieved.
- Monitor business trends, systems and practices within the food and beverage industry to enable us remain current and open to opportunities to improve the profitability of the department.
- Optimise opportunities to hit and exceed budgeted targets and assist the Outlet Manager and wider F&B team in achieving this consistently.
The Ideal Candidate
- Strong Restaurant and Beverage service background from within hotel or venue sector, minimum 4 star standard.
- Commercially astute and financially aware
- Ideal candidate to be level 2 WSET trained.
- A good understanding of Cellar Management/ Stock control.
- Be determined to create a memorable guest experience.
- Be highly organised and adaptable to support across all F&B outlets.
- Proven record as a strong team leader.
- Have an eye for detail.
- Have an ability to supervise team members ensuring they deliver consistent quality of service.
- Have excellent communication skills.
- Effective time management .
- Strong communication skills (verbal, listening, writing).
- Proactive and self driven with the ability to multi task.
About The Company
Are we right for you?
We expect a lot but we’ll give a lot to get the right people. There are 4 main things we look for
- We want people with bags of character. We don’t want you to hide your personality when you’re at work, we want you to feel comfortable, to be who you are.
- We want people people. You’ve got to like being around others, smiling and chatting because you like people, not because someone told you to smile and chat.
- We need extra milers. So if you think the job description is all you have to do, then we’re not for you.
- You have to put your heart into it. When you tell a guest you’re happy to help, you have to mean it.